How to contact us
What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect about you? Personal information which you provide to us, or which is provided to us by third parties
The following personal information about you is provided to us either by you, or by third parties:
- Information that you provide to us or one of our third-party suppliers, such as your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth, payment information, credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, and similar information. This includes credit card information when you provide an image of your credit card using a mobile phone.
- Information that you provide to us when you communicate with us as part of the Services, for example when you call us, text us, email us, or whenever you use the SOND Pros chat feature in our app.
- Information about you that you make publicly available which we use as part of the Services.
- Information that we collect about you when you participate in our SOND Perks program. For example, information about the total value of the bookings you have made.
- Information about your location. We use this information to provide our Services to you, to improve our Services, and to send you information about products and services you may be interested in.
You can decide not to provide certain personal information. However, if you choose not to provide it, you may not be able to use our Services. We collect certain information about you automatically
When you use our Services, some information is also automatically collected, such as:
We collect personal information about you using cookies
- Information about other websites that you have visited (for example, the address of a referring website) before using the app.
- Information about how you use our app (for example, how much time you spend using it, how often, and when you last used it).
- Information about your location.
- We may collect certain technical and device-specific information, such as your IP address, your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Other personal information from third parties. For example, information obtained when you use social media accounts.
Our cookies policy
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. Please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices
to learn more about these options.
We may employ the use of anonymous identifiers, which are random strings of characters that are used for the same purposes as cookies on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available.
We may also use web beacons or similar technology on our Services. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on our Services or in emails relating to our Services to collect certain information and monitor user activity on our Services, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
How do we use the personal information we collect?
We use personal information we collect for the following purposes, which may vary from time to time and may be different according to where you are located when you access the Services:
- To enable us to provide our Services (e.g. to take payment from you or make a hotel reservation, or to send you booking confirmations via email or text message).
- To request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of our Services.
- To respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and to provide customer service.
- To monitor and analyze how you use our Services, for example, how long you spend using our app, how you use our app, your usage and trends.
- To personalize and improve our Services, and our users' experiences with our Services (such as providing content or features that match interests), and to increase our Services' functionality and user friendliness.
- To provide you with our marketing messages, news and information about events, offers, promotions and services we think will be of interest to you (if you do not wish to receive these messages, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of the message).
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Services.
- To notify you about important changes to our Services.
- To investigate and protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Services.
- For other purposes which are explained to you at the time we collect your personal information.
With whom do we share your personal information? Why do we share it?
We share your personal information with the following third parties, which may vary from time to time and may be different according to where you are located when you access the Services:
Hotels - In order to provide our Services, we share your personal information with Hotels you have booked, or with other third parties who carry out Services on the hotels' behalf.Other users - If you choose to include personal information (such as your email address, photo or other details) in your public profile, this may be viewed by others who use our Services. If you choose to participate in a discussion forum, your IP address may be shared with forum moderators. Sometimes information you choose to share will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available (for example, where you share personal information as part of a review, photo submission or similar).
Other users - If you choose to include personal information (such as your email address, photo or other details) in your public profile, this may be viewed by others who use our Services. If you choose to participate in a discussion forum, your IP address may be shared with forum moderators. Sometimes information you choose to share will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available (for example, where you share personal information as part of a review, photo submission or similar).
Our marketing and sales partners - We share your personal information with our marketing and sales partners, who help us manage our advertising, and enable us to send you information about our products and services you may be interested in. These partners help us to manage our customer information and personalize emails. We may share your name, email address, information about how you use the internet and our Services, information about your device (such as your device ID, operating system and browser) and information about your location.
Third party service providers - From time to time, we may need to share your personal information with certain third parties so that they can perform services on our behalf. This may include payment and credit card information, your name and address, details about your invoice, details of your account with us, location, and information about the device you are using to access our Service (such as your device ID, operating system and browser, application and service logs, and information about how you use and interact with our app). Typically, our third party service providers help us by carrying out data analytics, providing booking and general customer support, processing payments, supporting email or IT services (for example, backing up our data), or carrying out similar activities. We also share your personal information with a range of other third party service providers who help us provide our Services, improve your user experience, develop our business, or help us anticipate and fix any problems with our Services.
Third parties requiring information for legal reasons - We may share your personal information with others if the law requires us to, or if we think it is necessary to comply with the law. We may also share your personal information if we need to do so to protect or defend our legal rights, or those of others.
Third party investigators, authorities or law enforcement bodies - We may share your personal information to investigate and protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Services.
Buyers or investors - In the event we consider a sale of all or a portion of our business, or take on new investors, we may share your personal information with a potential buyer or investor.
Group companies - We may share your personal information with members of our group of companies for business and operational reasons, including any parent, subsidiary or affiliate of INFAMILY, LLC. or its successors.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
If you are accessing our Services in Europe, then we are required to ensure that we only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. When we process your personal information, we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and providing our Services).
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in connection with our Services; to improve our Services; to ensure that our Services are secure; to, tell you about changes to our Services; to tell you about new services or products we are offering; for business reasons (for example to develop our business or if we are thinking of selling our business); to tell you about offers or promotions we are running; for operational purposes.
- Sometimes we may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information (e.g. by asking you to tick an online box). In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You may do this where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details above. For example, we may ask for your consent to pass your personal information to third parties who may send you information about products, services or offers you may be interested in.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
In general we will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill or achieve the above mentioned purposes or for our legitimate purposes, where those are not incompatible with the reasons why we collected your personal information.
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we will comply with applicable data protection law. Some of the mechanisms we may choose to use when undertaking an international transfer are:
- The transfer of your personal data is to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (called the "EU Model Clauses").
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. If the provider is not EU-US Privacy Shield certified, we may use the EU Model Clauses.
Many of our external third-party providers are based outside the EEA, so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
We are not responsible for personal information you provide to other websites
What choices and rights do you have regarding the use of your personal information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. You may also opt out of such marketing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our on-going business relations.
If you are located in the EU or subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- To have access to any personal information we hold about you and request portability.
- To ask us to correct, update or erase the personal information we hold about you.
- To ask us not to use your personal information for direct-marketing purposes.
- To ask us to restrict the way that we process your personal information.
- To ask us to have your personal information transferred.
- To object to our processing of your personal information.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us using the details above. We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include the need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. Please note we may request that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Complaints and queries
If you have any complaints, queries or questions about how we use your personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out above. We will then get in touch with you to see how we can help. If you have a complaint about how we use your personal information, we would always prefer you to contact us first. However, you may also make a complaint to the relevant data privacy regulator if you wish to do so. Please let us know if you are unsure about how to get in touch with the data privacy regulator.